The Mission of Bethany Baptist Church is to teach the Word of God, worship Jesus Christ and reach all people with the Gospel, with emphasis on youth and families.
Bethany Baptist Church was organized in 1897.
Services were first conducted in a small building in western Wilkinsburg that was called Crab Hollow.
Bethany soon bought a small frame building for $5,000 at 7734 Tioga Street that had been a German Lutheran Church.
Construction of a new building at 7734 Tioga Street began anew in 1924 at a cost of $40,000.
In July 1990, Bethany Baptist Church called Dr. William Glaze to be its pastor, the fourteenth for the church and the current pastor.
Construction was completed in 2001 for the Bethany Center, a multi-purpose building located across the street from the church building to augment Bethany’s ministries to the community. Because of structural deficiencies, the church was demolished in 2008. The Bethany Center thus became Bethany’s place of worship.